Discord released a new tool earlier this year that allows server admins to schedule events on the server. You may easily organise special events for your server, possibly with visitors, using scheduled events. The procedures to create Discord events using desktop and mobile apps are covered in this post.
Create Discord Events (2022)
What Are Discord Scheduled Events?
Scheduled Discord events are a Discord feature that allows server managers to arrange events for the server and easily inform members about them. Admins will be able to easily organise voice and text channel events in this manner.
If you are an server member, you can select to be notified when the event begins, ensuring that you do not miss out. Continue reading if you’re an admin or moderator and want to know how to schedule Discord events.
On a desktop, how can I schedule a Discord event?
- Go to your Discord server’s name in the top-left corner and click it. To create a new Discord event, set “Create Event” from the dropdown menu.
- To host the event, pick a voice channel, text channel, or add links. Choose “Voice Channel” if the event is set to take place on the server. If the event is taking place on another video calling service, such as Zoom or Google Meet, you should select “Somewhere Else.”
- pick the voice channel in which you wish to host the event and then click “Next” to proceed.
- Now is the time to add the event’s details. The theme of the event, the start date and time, the description, and the cover image are all included in the information. Click “Next” after filling in these details.
- You’ll see a preview of the event on Discord. To schedule the event, click “Create Event” after double-checking that all of the details are correct.
- After you’ve created the event, you can invite others by sharing the event link. Please keep in mind that the invite link will expire in 7 days.
How to create a Discord Event on a Mobile Device (Android & iOS)
- Open your Discord server and click the vertical three-dot menu next to the server’s name from the drop-down menu. To create an new event, select “Create Event” from the pop-up that appears now.
- Fill up the event topic, start date and time, and description, as well as your desired voice channel for the event. To proceed going, click “Next.”
- To schedule the event, click “Create Event” if everything seems good in the preview. You can invite guests to the event from the following screen. You may set the link to never expire here, unlike on Discord desktop.
Start a Discord Event or Edit an Existing One (Web & Desktop)
- To begin a planned event, go to the event area by clicking on the event listing in the top-left corner of the server.
- The event will now start when you click the green “Start” button.
- To confirm the event’s start, click “Start Event” from the confirmation popup.
- If you change your mind, you can reschedules the event by clicking the three dots symbol and selecting “Edit Event.”
Set a Reminder for a Discord Event That Has Been Scheduled
- As a participant, you have the option of turning on Discord event notifications. To begin, go to the server’s top-left corner and click on the event listing.
- In the pop-up that appears, click the “Interested” bell icon, and you’re set. When the host begins the event, Discord will alert you.
- You may also choose to add the event to your calendar. Google Calendar, Yahoo, and Outlook are among the available connectors. You can also downloads the ICS file and manually import it into your preferred calendar programme.
How to Join a Discord Event or Attend One
- To join an ongoing Discord event, go to the top-left corner of the server and click the green “Join” button.
- To view the listing, click the event indication in the top-left corner if you dismissed the active event prompt.
- To join the event, click the “Join” button on the events listing. You will now enter the servers voice channel to engage in the event if the event is set in the voice channel.
How to Cancel a Discord Event in Discord
- Open the events listing by clicking on the event indication in the top-left corner of the server to cancel a Discord event.
- To cancel the event, select “Cancel Event” from the horizontal three-dot menu.
- To cancel the event, click “Cancel Event” once more when the confirmation window appears.
Discord Servers can be used to host events.
Organizing regular events on Discord servers encourages active involvement, which attracts new individuals to the group. If you’re seeking for ways to improve the appeal of your Discord server, don’t forget to check out our list of the finest Discord bots.