The bloatware problem on Android has not changed despite a massive outcry from the Android community claiming privacy, security, and user choice as reasons. Yes, MIUI currently has less bloatware, but Android smartphones, especially low-end devices, still have a slew of unwanted apps. So, to assist you in removing bloatware from your Android phone and freeing up valuable resources, we’ve created this helpful instruction. It allows you to uninstall bloatware and useless apps with ease. The Universal Android Debloater programme safely removes unnecessary apps from your Android smartphone, regardless of whether it’s a Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, or another device. On that topic, let’s get started learning how to use this tool.
With Universal Android Debloater, you may remove bloatware from your phone (2022)
- First, go here and download the Universal Android Debloater (UAD). Download the EXE file for Windows by clicking “Assets.” Download the.tar.gz file if you’re using macOS.
- Next, you must configure ADB on your computer. Install ADB straight away by following our linked tutorial.
- Open a Terminal window after that (CMD for Windows and Terminal for macOS). Enter adb devices into this box. You are good to go if it returns a serial number
- Place the UAD file you just downloaded in the platform-tools folder.
- Finally, open the Universal Android Debloater, which will detect your Android device automatically.
- Once your device has been detected, select “Recommended” from the top drop-down option. Universal Android Debloater retrieves a list of bloatware that can be safely uninstalled based on your device’s ROM. UAD has documented a list of all major smartphone manufacturers’ removable bloatware. I recommend sticking to the “Recommended” list for most people.
- Now select all the packages you want to uninstall and click “Uninstall selection” in the lower right corner. That stated, before deleting a package, double-check the package name and use your common sense.
8. Using Universal Android Debloater, you may safely remove bloatware from your Android phone. If you wish to restore a specific package, go to the drop-down menu and select “Uninstalled” or “Disabled,” then select the package. Click “Restore selection” now.
- You may use the search box to search for specific apps. Install Package Name Viewer 2.0 (Free, in-app purchases) from the Play Store on your Android phone to find the app’s package name if it does not appear in the debloater. Now, search up the package name and uninstall the bloatware as soon as possible.
10. Finally, to get rid of carrier-specific bloatware on Android, remove “carrier” from the third drop-down menu and remove the unwanted apps. You may use the same procedure to remove Google bloatware, OEM bloatware, AOSP apps, and other types of bloatware.
Without Rooting Your Android Phone, uninstall Bloatware
So that’s how you can uninstall bloatware from your Android device without having to root it. While there are a slew of debloater apps available, we pick Universal Android Debloater because it’s well-documented and has thoroughly examined the removable apps for the most popular smartphones. That concludes our contribution. If your Android device is not detected by Fastboot on Windows 10 or 11, we have a guide for you. Also, find out our handpicked list of the best custom ROMs for Android. Finally, let us know if you have any queries in the comments section below.