The digital business card market size will touch $242.3 million and reach a compound annual growth rate of about 11% by 2027. With the push for digitization in customer experience, surely this comes as no surprise. In fact, the adoption of digital business cards is being bolstered by an increase in the number of smartphone users. With many of these users conducting their businesses online and on social media platforms, virtual cards have become a more efficient and effective way of sharing information compared to traditional business cards.
What are the benefits of digital business cards?
From convenience and contactless to editable and eco-friendly, there are a myriad of benefits to utilizing digital business cards. Here are the most relevant reasons why you should, too:
Digital business cards are convenient
Unlike their paper-based counterparts, digital business cards make delivering contact information more effortless. These cards are convenient since they’re on your phone or computer, which means you can access them with ease. Regardless of your location, you can even adjust your contact details and make necessary edits. Moreover, this ensures your potential customers will have your real-time contact information— and gain access to your services— at any given time. Such can be seen through their use of QR codes. Similar to how they’re being used by Spotify, QR codes are an easy and convenient way to lead mobile users to landing pages— whether that’s to a brand website or to a page where all your contact information can be found.
Digital business cards are cost-effective
Forbes reports that businesses in America waste $8 billion on managing paper every year, and this is largely due to paper being costly and inefficient. With the rise of paperless technologies like digital business cards, you can cut back on expenses. Aside from eliminating the need to keep reprinting, digital business cards also allow you to update information without the extra expenses. Most companies will also offer different payment plans depending on what your needs are, with Doorway presenting the different payment options for business cards. For one, individuals can get a forever-free card option, while companies and communities can choose among the paid Doorway digital business card subscriptions. Each subscription plan comes with additional features that cater to your brand’s specific needs, so we recommend you review the options carefully before deciding the best fit for your company.
Digital business cards are the more eco-friendly option
As we shift into paperless technologies, we likewise leverage sustainable replacements. This is seen through digital business cards and their flexibility to modify details — without reprinting or resharing the card. For example, if you need your card to reflect a change in your email address, website, or office location, you can simply do so by editing the information through the app or software. These changes are then automatically updated so both your contacts and customers can view your latest contact details. This automation is beneficial in managing a company’s paper trail, which makes up a large percentage of their waste. In fact, the aforementioned Forbes article states nearly 26% of waste dumped into landfill sites is discarded paper and paperboard. This makes virtual cards the more eco-responsible choice as they can reduce your company’s carbon footprint.
Get started on creating a digital business card
Digital business cards should strike the right balance between professionalism and creativity. The key is to combine your basic information as well as multimedia content.
- To start, include a professional photo of yourself. You should look both approachable and confident in the shot. Company logos can also be included, however it’s best to make sure it isn’t the card’s focal point.
- Next are your basic contact details such as name, phone number, designation, and email address. Avoid using complicated typefaces, and choose sans fonts instead to project a cleaner, more professional image.
- Make your website link prominent. Incorporate a brief description, logo, and banner alongside it. Additionally, you can hyperlink a distinctive button to promote a better aesthetic.
- To reiterate, multimedia content such as social media links or project links are incredibly relevant in virtual cards. These make sure your prospects or customers are drawn to important services and can boost your credibility, too.
- Different platforms and applications also offer features that can enhance your cards. Consider using smart features like document scanners, email signatures, and QR codes to improve your customer relations, team communication, and overall workflow.